Walking football is a variation of regular Association Football and is aimed at the over 50’s age group...
Our Armed Forces Veterans Hub is a social isolation project that supports Armed Forces Veterans who are at high risk of social isolation and loneliness.
The project uses the power of Cardiff City FC to connect and support veterans around Cardiff to reduce social isolation and loneliness and improve physical and mental wellbeing.
Wales has one of the largest proportions of veterans in the UK with 7% of all veterans currently living here. Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan has a veterans population of around 27,320 and 8% suffer from mental health issues including depression and anxiety.
Weekly online and face-to-face sessions provide structure and support for people to get together, connect and take part in a range of activities that improve physical and mental wellbeing.
Veterans can connect online or in person to build on existing relationships or create new ones whilst accessing:
- Regular online catch-ups and check-ins
- Opportunities to meet other Veterans and their families/friends face-to-face inside Cardiff City Stadium
- Weekly activity helping to support the development and maintenance of Cardiff City FC's Memorial Garden
- Organised day trips and events
Join the Cardiff City Veterans Hub at one of our three locations:
- Online: Every Monday and Friday (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Cardiff City Stadium, Memorial Garden, Sloper Road CF11 8AZ: Every Tuesday (10:30am - 12:30pm)
- Cardiff City Stadium, DSA Room, Level Three, CF11 8AZ: Every Wednesday (10:00am - 12:30pm)
Express your interest today!
Positive Pathways: Expression of Interest